Do Something Great to Support
Health & Wellness!
We all have personal experiences with healthcare services or have friends and relatives who have required specialized or long-term care. Think of how music can play an important role in improving the quality of life for those close to us in these circumstances. The Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony is launching a Health & Wellness Program for all ages, spanning a range of needs. This new program will directly involve KWS musicians in therapy and research. Research shows the broad range of benefits of music in healthcare: Alzheimer’s and dementia patients have memories and emotions triggered only through music; chemotherapy treatment is more manageable as music is played; music can help to engage children with special needs; and interacting through music-making with those who have learning disorders improves confidence and provides an important creative outlet. We are excited to launch the KWS Health & Wellness Program in partnership with leading community health organizations and research institutes. As part of the KWS’ commitment to improving the quality of life in our community this program is being offered completely free of charge. The benefits and impact on those who are touched by the Health & Wellness Program are immediate and long-lasting. Your generous gift will help us launch this program which will improve the lives of so many.
Each and every season the KWS must raise $1.8 million in contributions from people, companies and private foundations. It is your generosity that ensures the KWS continues as a vibrant, core cultural organization for Waterloo Region and beyond. With your support, the KWS will continue to create ambitious and innovative concert experiences that inspire and entertain, be a training ground for future musicians and be the foundation for audiences of tomorrow. Your financial support allows us to …
Charitable number: 12252 4713 RR 0001
- Inspire and entertain audiences with 100 concerts each season
- Employ 52 professional musicians who perform, teach and contribute to a higher quality of life for our communities
- Bring today’s great artists to Waterloo Region and beyond
- Send musicians into area classrooms and bring over 13,000 students to the Centre In The Square as part of our free-of-charge Schools Concerts Program
- Nurture a future generation of professional musicians through our 5-ensemble Youth Orchestra Program
- Provide free music instruction to at-risk high school students as part of our Bridge to Music after school program
- Support local performing arts organizations in the presentation of music, theatre and dance at the Conrad Centre for the Performing Arts
- Donate tickets to charitable organizations across the Region through our Heartstrings program, ensuring access to KWS performances for those who would otherwise be unable to attend
- Nurture our young audience through our Kinderconcerts and Family Series
Giving is easy.
Music by the month – spread your payments throughout the year.
Donate By Phone - 519.745.4711 x281
Corporate Matching gifts – see if your employer has a policy to match charitable donations to double your gift.
In person at a KWS Concert – visit Patron Services in the lobby
In Memoriam and In Tribute gifts
Give a Gift of Stock
Volunteer your time
For questions or to make
donation arrangements, please
Development Team at