We Love Our Volunteers!
The Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony Volunteer Committee (KWSVC) originated in 1948 as the KWS Women’s Committee and evolved to become the KWS Volunteer Committee. The Volunteer Committee is an independent charitable organization closely associated with the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony and works with that organization on many fronts.
Throughout the year the KWSVC holds a variety of events to raise funds which all go to the KWS. The House & Garden Tour of Note, several card parties and the Showcase Boutique at Signature and Pops concerts are regular sources of revenue.
In addition, projects are held from time to time to augment our revenues:
- Sept 27 - Oct 1, 2013 - Join us for the Autumn Kaleidoscope of Music and Colour with Brian Jackson, which will take us on a tour that includes Cleveland, Ohio and the surrounding areas
- Oct 24, 2012 - join us for our Fall Card Party at Waterloo Mennonite Brethren Church. Tickets are $20, cheques should be made payable to "KWS Volunteer Committee."
- Nov 16, 2013 - The Love of Music Marathon brings together stars of the K-W Symphony Orchestra who will share the stage with local musicians, both young and old, amateur and professional, for this day-long fund-raising concert featuring all kinds of music.
- the House & Garden Tour of Note is an enjoyable day touring exceptional properties in Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo.
The KWSVC administers approximately $12,000 in scholarships to members of the Youth Orchestra, the Youth Sinfonia, the Youth Strings, the Preludium Strings and the Concert Band which are all organized by the KWS Association.
- Catering KWS dress rehearsals.
- Staffing the Reception Desk at the Conrad Centre for the Performing Arts.
- Supporting Education and Outreach programs by helping with school concerts and teaching in schools.
- Providing drives, to and from airports and locally, for visiting guest artists and for Edwin Outwater.
- Preparing mailings and other projects as requested.
We always welcome new members and new ideas. For more information, or to join the KWS Volunteer Committee, please contact:
Judy Morton, Committee Chair
or the Membership Convenor: