Cancellation of the Remainder of the 2019/20 Season: April 1, 2020
Based on the recommendations of public health officials and government, and in the interest of public safety, The Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony has made the decision to cancel the remainder of the concerts in the 2019/20 Season, including the following performances:
- April 18, May 2 & 16, 2020 – Kinderconcerts Series: The Sticky Pine Tree
- April 24 & 25, 2020 – Pops Series: JANE In Concert
- April 25, 2020 – Youth Orchestra Concert 3
- April 29, May 1 & 2, 2020 – Baroque Series: Bohemian Rhapsody
- May 8 & 9, 2020 – Signature Series: Boléro
- May 22 & 23, 2020 – Pops Series: Back to the Future In Concert
Cancellations that had previously been announced include:
- March 18, 20 & 21, 2020 – Baroque & Beyond Series: Bach & Math
- March 27 & 28, 2020 – Pops Series: The Music of Harry Potter
- April 3 & 4, 2020 – Signature Series: Joy & Passion: Schumann & Brahms
- April 4, 2020 – Family Series: Sun & Fire
The cessation of concerts for the last few weeks has left a hole in all of our lives, but none of us doubts the importance of music across our community. To fill that hole as effectively as possible, we will be inventing and experimenting with new ways to bring the experience of orchestral music to you.
The following options are available for patrons who have tickets to these concerts. Please help us keep the music playing:
- Donate the value of your tickets for a charitable tax receipt for amounts of $20 and over. This act of generosity provides you with a charitable tax receipt, allows us to keep creating new ways to make and share orchestral music while in isolation, and ensures our broader community continues to benefit from the healing powers of orchestral music during these uncertain times. Your gift will keep the music playing! All tax receipts will be sent via email or mailed if you do not have an email on file.
- Receive a credit on your account for the value of tickets. Due to the unique circumstances, this credit may be used towards 2020/21 tickets or subscriptions if they have not already been purchased. To use these funds towards your subscription, contact Patron Services.
- Receive a refund for the value of your tickets. Refunds will not be processed immediately, but will happen over the course of the coming months.
Click the TICKET OPTIONS button below to complete an online form to let us know of your choice by May 31, 2020.
Note: After May 31 all revenue will be placed on account for use towards future concerts.
If you purchased your tickets through the Centre In The Square box office or from their website, please visit here for information on refunds.
When the current restrictions are lifted, we look forward to seeing you back in the concert hall!
To support efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, The Conrad Centre for the Performing Arts, in-person box office and phone answering services, and the KWS administration offices are closed until further notice. Due to these closures, the online form is currently the best method to communicate your ticket preferences with us. At this time, the Patron Services phone line will not be answered, but we hope to return your calls in the coming weeks. You can also reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it will take longer than normal to receive a response due to a high volume of inquiries and reduced staffing levels, but rest assured that we will get back to you.
Please check back here for additional updates as they occur.
Subscriptions and renewals for the 2020/21 Season can be done online here. The free ticket incentive has been extended to June 1, 2020. Emails and voicemails in regards to subscriptions for next season will be returned in the coming weeks.