An Update on COVID-19: March 17, 2020
Based on the recommendations of Ontario Public Health and government directives, the K-W Symphony Box Office, Patron Services and administration offices will be closed as of 5 pm on Tuesday, March 17.
During the closure the main Patron Services phone line will not be answered, but phone messages and emails will be monitored on a daily basis. With the reduced levels of staffing, please be aware that it will take longer than normal to receive a response, but rest assured that your inquiry will be handled in as timely a manner as possible. We appreciate your patience!
All concerts are currently cancelled up to April 5. The best way to let us know what you would like to do with your tickets is through the KWS website here.
Please check back here for additional updates as they occur.
Subscriptions and renewals for the 2020/21 Season can be done online here. The free ticket incentive has been extended to June 1, 2020. Emails and voicemails in regards to subscriptions for next season will be returned in the coming weeks.
An Update on COVID-19: March 13, 2020
Due to the recommendations of public health officials, we have cancelled the following performances:
- March 18, 20 & 21, 2020 – Baroque & Beyond Series: Bach & Math
- March 27 & 28, 2020 – Pops Series: The Music of Harry Potter
- April 3 & 4, 2020 – Signature Series: Joy & Passion: Schumann & Brahms
- April 4, 2020 – Family Series: Sun & Fire
The following options are available for patrons who have tickets to these concerts:
- Donate the value of your tickets for a charitable tax receipt for amounts of $20 and over. During this challenging time, your support is more important than ever. By donating your tickets back you will support our artists and ongoing operations, as the consequences of this crisis on the financial health of charitable arts organizations like the KWS are unknown. All tax receipts will be sent via email unless otherwise requested.
- Receive a credit on your account for the value of tickets. Due to the unique circumstances, this credit may be used towards any remaining concerts in the 2019/20 season OR any concerts in the 2020/21 season. This credit may also be applied towards your 2020/21 subscription if you have not already purchased it. Credits cannot be used towards subscriptions or tickets that have already been purchased.
- Receive a refund for the value of your tickets.
Click the TICKET OPTIONS button below to complete an online form to let us know of your choice. Due to the high volume of responses during this time for our front line staff in the box office, this is the best method to communicate your ticket preferences with us. If you do need to reach us by phone, please call Patron Services at 519-745-4711 ext. 1 and leave a message, or you can email us at email@example.com. Please note that response times will be longer than normal, but rest assured that we will get back to you.
Remaining Performances in the 2019/20 Season
Currently, the following performances are scheduled to go ahead as normal:
- April 18, May 2 & 16, 2020: Kinderconcerts Series: The Sticky Pine Tree
- April 24 & 25, 2020: Pops Series: JANE In Concert
- April 25, 2020: Youth Orchestra Concert 3
- April 29, May 1 & 2, 2020: Baroque Series: Bohemian Rhapsody
- May 8 & 9, 2020: Signature Series: Boléro
- May 22 & 23, 2020: Back to the Future In Concert
We are monitoring the situation closely. If we are advised by public health authorities to cancel any additional concerts, this information will be communicated in a timely manner via the website and email.