Corporate Development and Accounts Manager (permanent full-time)
The Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony is looking for an ambitious and energetic Corporate Development and Accounts Manager to create long-term, trusting business to business relationships with corporate clients. This will involve developing new business from existing clients, and actively seeking opportunities to develop new corporate clients, ultimately meeting the revenue goals of the Corporate Sponsors Club, Group Sales and Program Advertising areas. This position reports primarily to the Director of Audience Engagement with input from the Director of Development & Donor Relations.
If the thought of sitting behind a desk all day gives you itchy feet, this could be the job for you as you’ll be required to spend a large amount of time visiting clients and attending networking events. You’ll usually work office hours, Monday to Friday but some flexibility is required for events and concerts outside or normal business hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
With supervision from the Director of Audience Engagement and the Director of Development & Donor Relations, develop a growth strategy for all three revenue areas including Corporate Sponsors Club, Group Sales and Program Ads.
- Research how the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony’s offerings might align with current and potential client needs and develop a plan suited to the particular client.
- Identify potential clients; research and build relationships with new clients.
- Represent the KWS to the corporate community attending corporate functions like Chamber of Commerce and BIA networking events.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with corporate clients/supporters.
- Develop new business with existing corporate clients to maximize revenue.
- Implement appropriate solicitation strategies/pitches including the development of briefing materials, proposals, presentations, call notes and donor recognition.
- Manage the acquisition and renewal of all corporate partnerships, including arranging meetings with current and prospective clients.
- Prepare acquisition and renewal reports on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Prepare contracts and ensure timely payments.
- Ensure all negotiations are aligned with the goals of the KWS and reflect strong principles of best practice.
- Acquire, secure and manage trade or in-kind contributions from partners that maximize resources for the KWS.
- Continually seek to understand and deliver upon the needs of the clients and add value to the relationships.
- Proven experience in business development/account management or another relevant role and combination of education/training.
- Proven track record in sales.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate and influence.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple client accounts at one time, while maintaining sharp attention to detaiI.
- Experience with CRM software.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as per KWS concert schedule.
- Ability to travel to meet with clients.
- Experience/appreciation of the performing arts is an asset.
Compensation will be based on a salary in the range of $40-$45,000 plus a commission structure for exceptional results.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by July 6, 2018 to:
Director of Audience Engagement
The KWS is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under KWS’s Recruitment Policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance, at the time of application.