Director of Audience Engagement
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
The Director of Audience Engagement reports to the Executive Director and serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic marketing decisions affecting the KWS. The incumbent is accountable for all earned ticket revenue, strategic marketing oversight, brand management, and communications and public relations. This role must balance the demands of strategic thinking and big picture planning with hands-on execution.
The Director of Audience Engagement oversees the effective development, execution, management and analysis of strategic, fully integrated sales and marketing campaigns to drive growth of subscriptions and single tickets. The incumbent is responsible for operational oversight of the Audience Engagement department and supervising the Associate Director of Patron Experience, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, and any other temporary positions. The incumbent is a key member of the cross-functional Season Planning team, contributing to the alignment of artistic vision and revenue goals. They are responsible for conducting research and developing messaging appropriate to the campaigns and ensuring that symphony is positioned effectively in the community.
- Develop, execute, manage, and analyze sales and marketing campaigns to achieve subscription revenue goals and single ticket revenue goals.
- Develop and execute patron retention plans and strategies according to the Patron Progression Plan to increase subscriber acquisition, increase subscription renewal rates, and convert single ticket buyers into subscribers.
- Develop associated annual revenue and expense forecasts including overall revenue goals, ticket and package prices, and discounts.
- Manage revenue through strategic recommendations on pricing, dynamic pricing, and scaling, both on an annual and per-concert basis.
- Report on the annual, quarterly, and weekly progress of the department’s sales and marketing efforts.
- Develop and oversee the KWS communications plan with the Executive Director. Develop key messages and positioning.
- Participate as a key member of the Season Planning team, making recommendations backed by data to support the achievement of revenue goals while satisfying the creative and artistic goals of the organization.
- Manage and execute on the annual Season Brochure publication and supervise all other publications.
- Liaise with graphic designers and printer to ensure timely production and release of print materials.
- Develop creative briefs for graphic designers to support all marketing and advertising collateral including print, digital, direct mail, paid social, email marketing, and more.
- Create content and messaging for all campaigns.
- Execute all fully integrated advertising campaigns to support single tickets and subscriptions, including development and execution of email marketing campaigns.
- Manage all advertising and media buys.
- Oversee the organic social media strategy and content for the organization.
- Conduct market research (surveys, focus groups, etc.) to identify needs and trends of subscribers and ticket buyers, and to support message development of single ticket campaigns.
- Craft press releases to support public relations initiatives. Work with the Executive Director to develop strategies and messaging for crisis communications.
- Liaise and build relationships with local media and relevant classical music media nationally and internationally.
- Stay up to date with trends and best practices in orchestra marketing and audience building.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience in a marketing leadership role, particularly in the arts or not-for-profit sectors.
- Proven leadership experience. Manage, mentor, and coach the Audience Engagement team.
- Knowledge of orchestral music and repertoire.
- Experience developing and executing fully integrated strategic marketing campaigns.
- Experience creating revenue and expense budgets and forecasting results.
- Ability to integrate digital and traditional marketing tactics to achieve sales and revenue goals.
- Ability to build consensus and foster teamwork among a variety of stakeholders, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an integrated and collaborative team environment.
- Experience successfully meeting multiple, concurrent deadlines, and managing multiple concurrent projects of varying scale.
- Proven ability with critical thinking and analytical skills to assess strategies and recommend changes as necessary.
- Proven ability building relationships with external suppliers and partners.
- Experience working with a CRM for lead management and reporting.
- Experience using email marketing programs, social media advertising tools, and various analytics tools.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Experience with conducting research and analyzing data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends for concerts and other events.
- Annual salary in the range $55,000 to $61,000
- Extended benefits once probationary period is completed
How to Apply:
- Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No phone calls please.
- We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
- Close of applications: Monday June 14, 2021