Telefunding Team Member
The Kitchener- Waterloo Symphony is hiring out-going, dynamic team members with sales or fundraising experience and an outstanding telephone manner. Come and join a team of positive and passionate people who are striving to make a difference in our community.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Communicating with current donors and renewing their annual support
- Thanking donors for their annual support
- Attending KWS concerts as an ambassador for the organization
- Phoning current subscribers for acquisition of annual support
This is a contract position for November and December 2017 with part-time hours usually varying from 5:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday. Some additional hours may be required on weekends. Successful candidate’s contracts have the option to be renewed for future fall and spring campaigns.
Approximately 8- 20 hours per week.
Manager, Corporate & Community Partnerships
- Sales and/or fundraising experience
- Customer service experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a team-oriented environment
- Familiarity with the non-profit sector
- Music knowledge is an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to:
Jen Sibdhannie, email@example.com
Group Sales Officer
For over 70 years, the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony has brought joy, inspiration and a sense of belonging to the Waterloo Region through our various concert series, education and community programs initiatives. We are looking for an energetic sales person to meet the revenue goals of our Group Sales program, which allows groups of 10 or more to attend KWS concerts at a discounted rate.
The Group Sales Officer is responsible for acquisition and management of group sales to KWS concerts and for the revenue goal associated with group sales each season. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, experienced sales person who thrives on reaching and exceeding goals. This position reports to the Director of Audience Engagement.
This position will be home-office based with access to the KWS offices and resources. Earliest start date is January 2, 2018. This is a contract position to May 31, 2018 and will be renewed upon satisfactory performance from June 1, 2018 to May 31, 2019.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop an annual Group Sales plan with the support of the Director of Audience Engagement to achieve revenue targets.
- Set sales goals by market segments.
- Execute the plan, making modifications according to results.
- Analyze the plan and results at the end of each season.
- Research, identify, initiate and implement new group sales opportunities and prospects.
- Continue to cultivate existing group sales contacts.
- Report weekly, monthly and annually using Tessitura and Tstats on the results of group sales to the Director of Audience Engagement.
- Maintain group sales database and prospect lists.
- Maintain patron/group accounts to make sure that deposits and final payments are made on time.
- Send weekly update notes for the Audience Engagement team meeting notes.
- Participate by phone or in-person at the AE team meetings.
- Meet key group contacts at concerts and coordinate ticket pickup or any other necessary arrangements.
- Coordinate the mailing of brochures or other KWS materials with the Director of Audience Engagement.
- Work with the Director of Audience Engagement on month end close and reconciliations.
- Experience in sales with a proven track record of results.
- Strong research and prospecting skills.
- Comfortable making cold calls and conducting business over the phone.
- Highly self-motivated and confident working with little supervision.
- Strong knowledge of Waterloo Region and its businesses, social groups, etc.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as per KWS concert schedule.
- Ability to travel to meet with clients if necessary.
- Experience with databases is an asset.
- Experience in the performing arts is an asset.
Compensation for this position is $800 per month, with commission provided on sales exceeding annual targets as stated in the organizational budget.
This position will remain open until filled; however, interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Audience Engagement
The KWS is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under KWS’s Recruitment Policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance, at the time of application.