Safety Protocols and Procedures
Your Safety is Our Top Priority
The Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony looks forward to welcoming audiences back to live, in-person performances. With the health and safety of patrons our top priority, we will follow guidance from all levels of government and our venues.
Proof of Vaccination
At this time, all patrons 12 years of age or older must provide proof of vaccination to attend any performance by the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony until the end of the May 2022.
This policy is at the request of the majority of our Patrons and is aligned with other principal arts organizations in the area, including the Stratford Festival.
- The official Enhanced COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate with QR Code issued by the Ontario government must be presented at time of entry along with one government-issued ID (i.e., driver’s license, health card, or passport). If you have not downloaded a copy of your vaccination certificate, Ontario residents can access their official vaccine receipts at https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/.
- The date of attendance must be at least 14 days after receiving the approved full series of vaccines by Public Health Canada or a combination of accepted vaccines.
- Patrons under the age of 12 are permitted to enter KWS venues only if accompanied by a fully vaccinated guardian as outlined by the provincial government.
- This policy may be updated in the event the province extends vaccine passports requirements to those under the age of 12 to enter performance venues.
Arriving at the Theatre
- Please ensure you have all your documents ready before entering the venue. Patrons are asked to arrive between 7:00pm ET and 7:45pm ET for performances beginning at 8:00pm ET to allow enough time for front of house staff to check documents and tickets.
- There will be a two-step entry process. Your proof of vaccine and ID will be verified first and then your tickets will checked by scanners.
Patrons who are not able to provide proof of vaccination will not be permitted to enter the facility or attend the performance.
For the safety of all, patrons under quarantine or isolation, or who have been exposed to or have come in contact with someone with COVID-19, are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, or have tested positive for COVID-19, must not come to the performance. Please call Patron Services at 519-745-4711 ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Masks must be worn by all patrons ages 5 and up at all times including while seated.
Capacity and Seating
- Please note, as per Public Health policy, seating in KWS venues does not have to be socially distanced when audience members are fully vaccinated and masked. You may be seated beside another audience member.
Ventilation and Cleaning Protocols
- In preparing for safe reintroduction of live audiences to Centre in the Square, ventilation systems have been set to maximize the amount of air exchanges in the building. Systems are being maintained regularly to ensure they are running as designed.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols are in place before, during and after each performance with common contact surface areas and hand sanitizers available throughout the venue.
- There will be no coat check for all performances at Centre In The Square.
Parking at CITS
- Valet parking services has been suspended at CITS until further notice.
Re-Entry at CITS
- No in-and-out privileges and no re-entry will be permitted once a ticketed guest has been admitted into CITS.
- Guests with emergencies will be assisted by Centre In The Square staff at the front lobby Guest Services office.