Volunteers are a vital part of our work, and assist with many aspects of the successful operation of the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony. Every year, approximately 120 volunteers provide over 6,000 hours of service raising funds, performing administrative duties, helping with education & outreach programs and administering scholarships to Youth Orchestra Program participants.
The Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony Volunteer Committee (KWSVC)
Established in 1948 as the KWS Women’s Committee, the KWS Volunteer Committee is an independent charitable organization dedicated to raising funds and supporting the work of the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony.
The Volunteer Committee organizes volunteers to:
- Cater KWS dress rehearsals
- Staff the Reception Desk at the Conrad Centre for the Performing Arts
- Helping with the School Concerts program and presentations by musicians in schools
- Chauffeur visiting guest artists and the Music Director to and from airports and around town
- Staff the Showcase Boutique at Signature and Pops concerts
- Organize and assist with fundraising events
The Love of Music Marathon is an annual fundraising event where musical groups and musicians of all ages and skill levels raise pledges and perform over a seven-hour period to support the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony (KWS).
Card & Games Party
The KWS Volunteer Committee’s Card & Games Party will be held Thursday May 9 at 11:30 am at the Waterloo Mennonite Brethren Church. This fundraising event for the KWS includes a delicious luncheon and is a fun time with cards, games, door prizes and a chance to play with friends and to meet new ones.
Join us for a self-guided tour of wonderful homes and gardens including a silent auction, refreshments and music performed by some members of the KW Symphony and Youth Orchestra.