Volunteers are a vital part of our work, and assist with many aspects of the successful operation of the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony. Every year, approximately 120 volunteers provide over 7,000 hours of service raising funds, performing administrative duties, helping with education & outreach programs and administering scholarships to Youth Orchestra Program participants.
The Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony Volunteer Committee (KWSVC)
Established in 1948 as the KWS Women’s Committee, the KWS Volunteer Committee is an independent charitable organization dedicated to raising funds and supporting the work of the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony.
The Volunteer Committee organizes volunteers to:
- Staff the Reception Desk at the Conrad Centre for the Performing Arts
- Helping with the School Concerts program and presentations by musicians in schools
- Chauffeur visiting guest artists and the Music Director to and from airports and around town
- Staff the Showcase Boutique at Signature and Pops concerts
- Organize and assist with fundraising events
For more information about the KWSVC, please visit their website at kwsvc.ca.
Love of Music Marathon
The Love of Music Marathon is an annual fundraising event where musical groups and musicians of all ages and skill levels raise pledges and perform over a seven-hour period to support the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony (KWS).
The virtual Love of Music Marathon has ended. We met our $15,000 goal thanks to the generosity of many loyal and some new donors.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 22nd Annual House & Garden Tour of Note has been postponed to June 12, 2021.